August 31, 2017 by Simply Maid Clean
Expert Kitchen Cleaning Checklist You Can Use Right Away
There are two kinds of people in the world, those who love cleaning, and those who simply hate it. Irrespective of whichever category you belong to, you cannot ignore the importance of cleaning routine in your home, especially when it comes to cleaning the kitchen. Kitchen, being one of the most-widely used space in your home, it tends to get messy with low-maintenance and poor organization, calling for extra attention compared to other rooms. In order to help you keep your kitchen neat and clean, we’ve come up with a simple and super-helpful cleaning checklist with a breakdown of tasks on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Daily Kitchen Cleaning Tasks
Meal preparation is a daily task, and so is cleaning your kitchen. As tiresome as it seems, everyday cleaning of your kitchen will keep it more hygienic and tidier than ever. To make this job look cool, we’ve come up with a super-helpful checklist that helps make daily kitchen cleaning a habit in no time. Try these out on a daily basis and you will love how organized and clean your kitchen will look, without investing a lot of time and efforts.
Clean the counter tops, Kitchen Island and Stove top.
Sweep the kitchen floor, Flush dirt from corners and under appliances, Change the hand towels ,Wipe spills immediately ,Wash dirty dishes after each meal or before you go to bed, Dry the dishes and arrange them Clean the dishwasher after use, Pack and refrigerate leftover food Scrub and wash the sink Empty the trash can every night.
Weekly Kitchen Cleaning Tasks:
These require more efforts than the daily tasks, but are worth the hard work. Pick a day of the week that suits you the best, preferably a Sunday, and assign it for weekly kitchen cleaning, and enjoy a beautiful, clean kitchen for the rest of the week.
Sanitize Countertops, table and stove top using antibacterial wipes.
- Check leftover food items and throw away spoiled or expired food.
- Clean all appliances from the outside.
- Deep clean the microwave from inside.
- Sanitize sponges, scrubbers, and mops.
- Clean and disinfect the faucets.
- Dust and wipe light fixtures.
- Disinfect the sink
- Disinfect the cutting board
- Wash and disinfect the trash cans
- Organize pantry and cabinets
- Flush kitchen drain with hot boiling water (only in case of metal pipes)
- Wash kitchen rugs and disinfect them
Monthly Kitchen Cleaning Tasks :
You may choose a day in the last week of the month or the last day of the month for a deep cleaning session of your kitchen. These tasks may require a lot of time, but when completed, they will give you a germ-free, tidy and sparkling kitchen.
- Deep clean the oven .
- Clean behind and under the appliances.
- Clean and disinfect dishwasher .
- Clean the coffee filter basket.
- Check utensils and dispose of or donate broken or chipped utensils
- Check freezer and get rid of items that have expired
- Thoroughly clean the refrigerator from inside
- Clean and disinfect all the cabinets from the outside
- Remove items from kitchen cabinets; clean and disinfect the cabinets from the inside
- Toss stale spices, cooking and baking supplies, etc.
- Organize the utensils and kitchen contents properly inside the cabinets
- Check for signs of pests and ensure proper pest control methods
- Restock pantry as needed
Apart from performing these tasks, don’t forget that the doors and windows of your kitchen need regular cleaning too. Use a hose to clean your aluminum door or window frames thoroughly with water; and clean the windows with a damp cloth and a disinfectant cleaner liquid. Although this checklist is pretty exhaustive in itself, you can customize it according to your requirements. Make kitchen cleaning a habit and give yourself and your family a healthy lifestyle in return.